International School Drama and Theatre Teachers Wanted for 2023 School Year in August/September
Company Name: Embark RecruitingLast Modified :
Drama and Theater
Monday - Friday, 7:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (Flexible)
We are looking for a charismatic, enthusiastic, and outgoing candidate to be a theatre and drama teacher. The candidate needs to be a skilled leader and able director, with the ability to provide constructive feedback about performance
Theatre and drama teachers provide formalized instruction to students on performance art. Productions may include spoken parts, singing, dancing, and other choreography, along with plenty of preparation for the live show.
• Teaching acting principles to students, often in a group setting
• Emphasizing skills like enunciation, diction, and dialect development using speech drills, improvisation, explanation, and other voice exercises
• Explaining body language and expression, engaging students in character development and personality projection, and helping each student develop a personal style
• Working with non-performing students on other play production tasks, including set construction, scene changes, lighting, sound, and special effects
• Exploring theater work like applying stage makeup and creating costumes, along with playwriting and show creation
• Working with colleagues to schedule shows around other school projects
• Planning lessons, including written work and creative writing assignments, and grading those assignments based on the curricula
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Hold an F4 visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship or Korean citizenship
• F-Visa Holders
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy.
• Student Type: Elementary to High School
• Curriculum: Provided by the school
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (Flexible)
• Teaching Hours: 25 hours per week
• Students per Class: 8-12 students per class
• Teacher Training: 1 week before the start of the contract
Negotiable based up on experience and education
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance Pay: Paid upon the completion of employment (minimum 1-year contract)
• Vacation: 4-8 weeks per year on average
• Sick Days: 3 days of sick leave with a doctor’s note
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate? Any allergies or dietary restrictions?
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Chat with us, powered by LiveChat Welcome Embark Recruiting Native English Teachers have an opportunity to experience different cultures. The mission of Embark Recruiting is to provide you with information about teaching and working in South Korea. Our vision is to help...See more