International School Counselors Wanted for 2023 School Year in August/SeptemberLast Modified :
Monday - Friday, 7:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (Flexible)
We are looking for a passionate and experienced school counselor to develop and implement a counseling program to assist students in their personal, social, and academic development. The school counselor's responsibilities include conducting assessments to evaluate students' abilities, assisting students with career planning, and ensuring students have all the tools to become productive and well-adjusted adults.
To be successful as a school counselor you should be compassionate, patient, and adaptable. A top school counselor should be prepared to assist any of our students with personal or academic issues.
• Listening to students' concerns regarding social, academic, or personal circumstances.
• Providing students with support and guidance on how to deal with problems.
• Mediating and improving relationships between students, parents, and teachers.
• Counseling individuals and groups as required.
• Conducting assessments to determine students' strengths, weaknesses, interests, and aptitudes.
• Working with students to develop and improve their skill set.
• Assisting students in the development of career goals.
• Assisting students with scholarships, college, and job applications.
• Implementing programs to combat substance abuse.
• Refer students to other support services and mental health professionals as needed.
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Hold an F4 visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship or Korean citizenship
• F-visa holders
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy.
• Student Type: Elementary to High School
• Curriculum: N/A
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (Flexible)
• Teaching Hours: None
• Students per Class: 8-12 students per class
• Training: 1 week before the start of the contract
Negotiable based on education and experience
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance Pay: Paid upon the completion of employment (minimum 1-year contract)
• Vacation: 4-8 weeks per year on average
• Sick Days: 3 days of sick leave with a doctor’s note
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate? Any allergies or dietary restrictions?
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Chat with us, powered by LiveChat Welcome Embark Recruiting Native English Teachers have an opportunity to experience different cultures. The mission of Embark Recruiting is to provide you with information about teaching and working in South Korea. Our vision is to help...See more