If you are currently on an E-2 visa and want to change your workplace after finding a new job. You must report the change of workplace and residency to the immigration office within 15 days. Reservation for visiting can be done at https://www.hikorea.go.kr/resv/ResvIntroR.pt
How to apply
- A person who has completed the employment contract and want to change company due to company closure or change of employer
- A person who has quit or retired due to personal reasons and has obtained a letter of release from the original employer.
- Note: regardless of qualifications, a person who quits or is fired due to personal reasons cannot change a visa WITHOUT a letter of release
- Submit a basic ‘change of workplace application form’ and a prescribed document with reasons for the change within 15 days.
- Since a change of workplace sticker or seal has to be stamped on your passport, this procedure CANNOT be done online.
- Application form, Passport, Foreigner residency card
- Employment contract (original and copy)
- Business license
- Letter of release from the previous employer
- Documents related to the establishment of the facility
- Letter of release is exempted for the person who has completed a contract. However, if the change is due to the closure of a company, a document with proof of arrears or wages can replace the letter of release.
- If the remaining period of stay is shorter than the new contracts period + 1 month, you have to apply for ‘permission to extend the period of stay. Additional documents might be required for evaluation.
- Income taxation document
- Information provided to the applicant upon visitation
Attached find the general application form
The Ultimate Explorer
Hello, my name is Jane. I have lived in Korea for 10 years now and I am here to give you the inside story of life as it is. Tips on how to correctly navigate through culture and some survival skills especially to newcomers.