E-2 Visa for ESL teachers (4/7)
Registration of ESL teachers in Korea
Instructors must register for foreign residency within 90 days of arrival. Failure to do so, the visa
will be automatically canceled. Only through the issuance of residency cards can foreigners have
the right to work and access other conveniences.
A foreigner residency card is required for registration of health insurance, phone number, bank accounts, and other necessities like the internet.
How to apply
- Online visit reservation (HiKorea) https://www.hikorea.go.kr/resv/ResvIntroR.pt
- visit the immigration offices under their jurisdiction on the reserved date.
Current status of immigration under the jurisdiction
- Application form (Attachment No.34), Passport, Passport photo (1)
- Business license
- Physical health examination (sealed)
- Proof of residence (house contract)
- Other residence qualification documents
- 30,000won (cash only)
- 2 ~ 3 weeks (approx.)
Residency card delivery service.
Instructors can either pick up the residency card at the immigration or use delivery services at a fee. (Currently preferred due to high spread of covid-19)
How to use service
- Request for delivery service during application.
- Pay at the atm machine in the office and submit a payment receipt.
- 4,000 won
- Within a day after mailing (next day if mailed at later hours)
Attacched find the general application form
The Ultimate Explorer
Hello, my name is Jane. I have lived in Korea for 10 years now and I am here to give you the inside story of life as it is. Tips on how to correctly navigate through culture and some survival skills especially to newcomers.