Conversational ESL Teaching at i Sponge English in Gwanak-gu, Seoul city / Aug. 2023
Company Name: i Sponge English GwanakLast Modified :
Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. or Monday - Friday, 10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
1. Role and Responsibilities
You will be a teacher for our Kindergarten and elementary students. Follow the premade curriculum, but also use your creativity and imagination to make the classes more fun and enjoyable for the students.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Teach phonics, speaking, debate, discussion, pronunciation, and basic reading and writing skills
• Sing, dance, roleplay, and create art with students
• Follow a textbook and syllabus for easy lesson prep
• Add your own activities to help students learn better
• Meet learning goals and track student improvement
• Attend meetings, workshops, and special events required by the institute
• Actively engage students in the learning process.
• Recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group.
2. Candidate Qualifications
All candidates must;
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Holds or is eligible for the E-2 visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship
• F-visa holders
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy.
3. Working Conditions
• Student Type: Kindergarten and Elementary
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. or Monday - Friday, 10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
• Teaching Hours: Maximum of 39 classes per week or less
• Class Time: 40 minutes per class
• Class Size: 10 students per class(on average)
• Teacher Training: Provided
• Teaching Staff: 8 Native English Teachers & 15 Korean English Teachers
2.3 - 2.7 million KRW(negotiable further depending on experience)
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance Pay: Paid upon the completion of employment (minimum 1-year contract)
• Vacation: 11 days plus National Korean Holidays
• Airfare: One-way ticket to South Korea reimbursed for candidates outside of Korea
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Fully furnished single housing will be provided by the school.
It will be 10 minutes from the school on foot.
Or a housing allowance of 400,000 KRW can be given instead.
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate? Any allergies or dietary restrictions?
- Are you a heavy drinker or a chain smoker?
iSponge English Gwanak, 3rd Floor, Taeyang Building, 15 Boramae-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, South Korea
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
i Sponge English Gwanak
About Us Hello, this is i Sponge English Gwanak in Gwanak-gu, Seoul, South Korea. We teach kindergarten and elementary school students. Location Description Seoul is a megacity, with just under 10 million inhabitants in the main city and 25 million in Gyeonggi province....See more