English Teacher Needed at Pinetree Academy in Namyangju City, Gyeonggi-do / March 2023Last Modified :
Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 6:10 P.M.
1. Role and Responsibilities
You will be an ESL teacher for our Kindergarten students and teach a few elementary classes in the afternoon. Follow the premade curriculum, but also use your creativity and imagination to make the classes more fun and enjoyable for the students.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Teach phonics, pronunciation, and basic reading and writing skills
• Sing, dance, roleplay, and create art with students
• Follow a textbook and syllabus for easy lesson prep
• Add your own activities to help students learn better
• Meet learning goals and track student improvement
• Attend meetings, workshops, and special events required by the institute
• Actively engage students in the learning process.
• Recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group.
2. Candidate Qualifications
All candidates must;
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Holds or is eligible for the E-2 visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship
• F-visa holders
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy.
3. Working Conditions
• Student Type: Kindergarten and Elementary
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 6:10 P.M.
• Teaching Hours: 30 classes per week
• Class Size: Max. 12 students per class
• Lunch: Provided by the school. Teachers will eat with students
• Teaching Staff: 3 Native English Teachers
2.4 - 2.8 million won monthly(negotiable)
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance Pay: Paid upon the completion of employment (minimum 1-year contract)
• Vacation: 1 week in summer, 1 week in winter, plus National Korean Holidays
• Sick Day: 1 day with a doctor's note
• Airfare: One-way reimbursed for candidates outside of Korea
Single housing will be provided by the school.
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate? Any allergies or dietary restrictions?
2nd floor, 306-2 Gaun-dong, Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.