Art Teacher, Middle School/High School, August start, international school, Seoul, Gangdong-gu 8AM start timeLast Modified :
Art (Middle School - High School)
At SIE, students will have a full and balanced education to think globally. SIE uses the Common Core State Standards curriculum and immersive English learning. Students are encouraged to be multilingual, and incorporate Korean culture into their activities. We aim to help our students grow by providing opportunities and challenges to promote a well-rounded learning experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Have expert knowledge of the secondary-level art education
• Plan, prepare and conduct classes at the scheduled times
• Record, evaluate and communicate students’ performances in an objective, fair and timely manner
• Comply with SIE policies, standards, rules, regulations and procedures of the institution
• Model honesty, good social skills, civic responsibility, fairness and ethical conduct
• Work collaboratively with SIE administrators and fellow teachers
• Participation in SIE events and club activities
• Working Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 4:40 P.M., Monday - Friday
• Teaching Hours: 25 classes per week (approximately)
• Some Lunch and Recess Supervision Duties
• Lunch Hour: 40 minute break
• Class Hour: 50 minute per class
• Class Size: 10 - 16 students per class
• Teacher Training: Initial Teacher Training (2 Professional Development Days per year)
• Teaching Staff: 30+ Teachers
Negotiable (based primarily on education and years of experience)
Severance, paid upon completion of a one year contract
Vacation: 8 weeks
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Housing provided, or housing allowance of 500,000 KRW
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate?