Academic Director Wanted at Saint Paul American Scholars (SPAS) Seocho / Aug. 2023
Company Name: Saint Paul American Scholars SeochoDate Posted :
Monday - Friday, 7:40 A.M. - 4:40 P.M.
Saint Paul American Scholars (SPAS) is designed to help teach young people to become responsible citizens and prepare students for college. That means that they must learn the key attributes of ethical behavior including courage, compassion, integrity, justice, truth, reason, fairness, respect, and honesty in addition to the core academic subjects.
A positive school climate is characterized by quality teaching by instructors and effective learning by students. This requires a safe environment for all who work in and attend SPAS along with an emphasis on citizenship and adherence to rules applied equitably and fairly to all in the Saint Paul Scholars community. We believe that parents are essential partners in the educational process and must be properly involved and accountable for the achievement and behavior of their children.
Saint Paul American Scholars is seeking a qualified and experienced administrator, or aspiring administrator, to fill the role of an Academic Director for the 2023-2024 school year on our Seocho campus. The role begins on August 14th, 2023.
We will be starting interviews as we receive candidates either virtually, on GoogleMeet, with the School Principal and General Manager, or, preferably, in person. We will close the position once it is filled. Candidates who provide letters of recommendation from former or current employers will have the strongest consideration.
What does it mean to be a leader at SPAS?
- Believing in the connection between school, student, and parent
- Aligning with a school community’s effort to raise a child
- Making data-driven decisions
- Providing Social-Emotional Learning and aiding in child development along with academic lessons
- Being a role model to students and leading by example
- Communicating regularly with stakeholders on all levels
This role is full-time and requires an individual to be organized, a relationship-builder, a team leader, a team player, and knowledgeable about US standards for education: Common Core, NGSS, AERO, etc.
- Teacher Supervision
- Hiring and Teacher Evaluation
- Technology Usage
- Parent Communication
- School Communication
- Lesson Plan Review
- Student Discipline
- Achievement Tracking
- PLC Leadership
• Native English Speaker
• Minimum of 2 years of administration experience
• Major Education, administrative leadership, curriculum design, education leadership, etc.
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Holds or is eligible for the E-2 visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship
• F-visa holders
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy
• Number of Vacancies: 1
• Starting Date: August 14, 2023 (First day of Teacher Orientation)
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:40 A.M. - 4:40 P.M.
• Contract Length: 1 year
• Student Level: Elementary School
• Teacher Training: 2 weeks of onboarding and in-service training which includes prep time and team building
• Professional Development: In-house PDs up to three times a year, stipends available for out-sourced PDs and degrees
• Mentorship: Our School Principal is an active mentor for our staff and will provide mentoring for your degree/certificate program
Competitive and based on a salary scale contingent on years of experience, degrees, and certificates
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance Pay: Paid upon the completion of employment (minimum 1-year contract)
• Vacation: 38 days plus all Korean national holidays
• Sick Days: 3 days of paid sick/personal leave
• Long Term Benefits: 3, 5, and 7-year benefits for returning staff
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Studio housing or 500,000 KRW housing allowance provided
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate? Any allergies or dietary restrictions?
3rd floor, 410 Hyoryeong-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Saint Paul American Scholars Seocho
Welcome to St. Paul Seocho St. Paul Seocho Campus which newly opened in August 2022, cooperates closely in the equivalent courses, professional staff, and management system of St. Paul Gwanggyo. St. Paul Seocho provides a specialized curriculum and sophisticated educati...See more