Afternoon ESL Position at SLP Uijeongbu Campus in Gyeonggi-do / March 2023Date Posted :
Monday - Friday, 3:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
1. Role and Responsibilities
SLP is looking for qualified teachers to serve as elementary and middle school English teachers. As an elementary and middle teacher at SLP, you will be teaching students from grade 4 to grade 9. You will teach English through phonics, basic writing, stories, science, and arts & crafts and help students gain confidence in English listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons
• Prepare teaching materials ahead of time
• Grade regular homework assignments
• Prepare and create tests and examinations
• Track and report students’ performance dates and give feedback
• Attend and contribute to regular staff meetings
• Follow SLP's in-house curriculum to help students learn effectively
• Use the North American textbooks, Wonders, to help young students learn speaking, reading, writing, and listening
2. Candidate Qualifications
All candidates must;
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Holds or is eligible for the E-2 visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship
• F-visa holders
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy.
3. Working Conditions
• Student Type: Elementary and Middle
• Curriculum: Curriculum and lesson plans provided.
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 3:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
• Teacher Training: Provided
2.2 - 2.5 million KRW monthly(negotiable)
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance Pay: Paid upon the completion of employment (minimum 1-year contract)
• Vacation: 10 days plus National Korean Holidays
• Sick Days: 3 days with a doctor's note
• Airfare: One-way reimbursed for candidates outside of Korea up to 1 million won
Single housing will be provided by the school
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate? Any allergies or dietary restrictions?
SLP, 2nd floor, Geowon Plaza, 137 Hoeryong-ro, Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
About Us SLP has been continuing the educational philosophies of Sogang University since it was created in 1994. Our commitment to English education remains unchanged in the 21st century. Sogang University students were able to develop English skills quicker than other ...See more