Who we are
PEAI is an English academy located in Daechi-dong, Seoul South Korea (Gangnam Area). For the past 15 years we have educated some of the finest students in Korea. Our students have varied backgrounds and life experiences that contribute to their high level of English proficiency. We are an elite institute that takes care of our teachers and students.
Currently we are in need of a teacher who has experienced and taught a parliamentary debate. We are looking for an individual who has previous teaching experience in Daechidong-based hogwans. Furthermore the teacher should be able to work individually and will have the freedom to execute lesson plans as they see fit. Besides, we’re looking for one who is available for in person interview and in-class demo at PEAI with us.
1. Full Time Position available January 2023
2. Teach multiple subjects (literature, speech & formal debate, writing,) as well as be able to design and organize fun and creative projects, activities, and debate.
3. Work Hours: 2 pm – 10 pm during the week, and 10 am – 1 pm Saturday, 5 - 6 hours a day, two three hour or two hours and 30 minute blocks, ( Work hours are subject to change, depending on grade you’re teaching.) One hour early presence before class is required.
1. Previous teaching experience at highly known Daechi dong –based academies for more than one year, Reminder: test-prepping focused, score-raising intent private academies wouldn’t count.
2. English literature or humanity majors with debate teaching experience is preferred.
3. The ability to teach critical and creative thinking and analyzing literature and debate topic, teaching student-centered and experiential learning through activities such as writing, and speech presentation
4. Passion for teaching and champion for students
5. Organize lesson with a strong work ethics
6. Be legally able to work in Korea with an F 4 or E 2 visa with a 4 year university degree in liberal arts majors from Native English speaking countries
1. Pay Range: 3.7 million won – 5 million won. It varies, depending on the grade and hours you work. Class schedules and hours ( 25 hours – 33 hours ) and salaries are to be discussed
2. Autonomous teaching guaranteed with guidelines and provision of text books
3 Two week unpaid training necessary ( Depending on your experience, training schedule is flexible. )
4. Vacation: One week paid vacation guaranteed, one more week is negotiable
5. Downpayment deposit negotiable on a condition it be reimbursed within three months
6. No housing is available but we may help you find accommodation upon request
7. All national holidays off (red letter days)
How to apply
You can visit the website for more information www.peai.co.kr - follow the link to Daechi PEAI.
This position will be available until a suitable candidate can be found.
3.7 million won – 5 million won
319 Dogok-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
How to applyor
Primary Phone Number: +82-010-8707-7550
Secondary Phone Number: 02-501-7550
Contact Person: Dennis Kim
Job Post for iSpeak PEAI
Teachers passion to teach students how to study and learn is what we value. in turn, We are able to take pride in grooming today`s students into the leaders of tomorrow by giving personal attention and needed guidance in learning how to apply what they have learned as i...See more