Highschool Science/Social Studies Teacher Wanted at Juniper Christian School in Goyang / Feb. 2023Date Posted :
Monday - Friday, 8:30 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
At JCS, students will have a full and balanced education to think globally. JCS uses the Common Core State Standards curriculum and immersive English learning. Students are encouraged to be multilingual, and incorporate Korean culture into their activities. We aim to help our students grow by providing opportunities and challenges to promote a well-rounded learning experience.
Science and Social Studies Teacher (Highschool)
Roles and Responsibilities
• Have expert knowledge of primary-level science and social studies education
• Plan, prepare and conduct classes at the scheduled times
• Record, evaluate and communicate students’ performances in an objective, fair and timely manner
• Comply with JCS policies, standards, rules, regulations and procedures of the institution
• Model honesty, good social skills, civic responsibility, fairness and ethical conduct
• Work collaboratively with JCS administrators and fellow teachers
• Participation in JCS events and club activities
• Working Hours: 8:30 A.M. - 5:30 P.M., Monday - Friday
• Teaching Hours: 25 classes per week (approximately)
• Lunch Hour: 11:55 A.M. - 12:40 P.M.
• Class Hour: 45 minutes per class
• Class Size: 5-6 students per class
• Teaching Staff: Less than 10 teachers, mostly Korean Teachers
From 2.2 Million KRW (negotiable upon experience)
• 4 insurances
• Severance, paid upon completion of a one-year contract
• Vacation: 4 weeks (Summer vacation - 2 weeks, Winter vacation - 1 week, Spring break - 1 week)
• Airfare: negotiable
Housing Allowance Provided
A housing allowance will be provided. Please inquire at the job interview.
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be removed or covered at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accomodate?
- Are you a practicing Christian?
3F, 107 Ilhyun-Ro Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Juniper Christian School
ABOUT JCS Juniper Christian School (JCS) is a prestigious private American international school in South Korea. JCS offers many unique and exciting academic, cultural, and linguistic programs that are developed based on an innovative education curriculum. JCS currently ...See more