3-4 ESL Teachers Wanted for Gyeongsangbuk-do Office of EducationLast Modified :
Monday - Friday, 12:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. (During school vacations: Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.)
1. Role and Responsibilities
As an English subject teacher, you will teach English online and create a comforting learning environment.
You will be responsible for the following:
•Teach basic to advanced English reading, writing, speaking, and listening
• Actively engage students in the learning process.
• Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect an understanding of the learning styles and needs of students.
• Recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group.
• Offer support and flexibility as needed.
• Utilize technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
• Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with the assigned curriculum and the varied needs of students
•Grade homework and give feedback
2. Candidate Qualifications
All candidates must:
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Holds or is eligible for the E-2 visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship
• F-visa holders
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy
3. Working Conditions
• Student Type: Elementary, Middle School, High School, and Adults
• Curriculum: Curriculum and lesson plans provided.
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 12:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. (During school vacations: Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.)
• Teaching Hours: 22 classes per week
• Class Time: 30 minutes per class (M-W-F), 40 minutes per class (Tu-Th)
• Class Size: 5-6 students per class
• Lunch/Dinner Hour: 30 minutes (Lunch), 30 minutes (Dinner)
• Teacher Training: Provided
• Teaching Staff: 10 Native English Teachers, 4 Korean Staff
From 2.2 Million KRW (negotiable upon experience)
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance: paid upon the completion of employment
• Vacation: 26 days plus National Korean Holidays
• Airfare: One-way reimbursed for candidates outside of Korea
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
A studio apartment or a 400,000 KRW housing allowance will be provided
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accomodate?
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Gyeongsangbukdo Office of Education
Hello everyone! I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all of you for showing such great interest in Gyeongbuk education. Warm academic revolution! Cheerful and happy school! Education that emphasizes the process more than the result, the virtue of patience ove...See more