Math Teacher Wanted at Seoul Scholars International Busan Campus / Feb. 2023Last Modified :
Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Seoul Scholars International, Busan Campus, is seeking a passionate and engaging high school math teacher for grades nine through twelve. The teacher will work with small and dedicated groups of students to support them through their academic journey in their high school years. SSI Busan uses the U.S. Common Core curriculum.
Teachers at our schools can expect to experience a variety of benefits including excellent professional growth opportunities, Korean national health insurance, seasonal time-off for development and many more. Our school is team oriented and we seek teachers who value on the close relationship between students and faculties to enhance engaging learning environment.
The teacher will teach:
- Algebra 1 & 2
- General Math
- Be able to teach mathematics at the high school level
- Plan, prepare and conduct the assigned courses and lectures at the scheduled times
- Record, evaluate and communicate students’ performances in an objective, fair and timely manner
- Comply with policies, standards, rules, regulations and procedures of the institution
- Model honesty, good social skills, civic responsibility, fairness and ethical conduct
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and staff
• Native English Speaker
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Hold an F visa with USA, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, IRE, or SA citizenship or Korean citizenship
• Apostilled Diploma and Criminal Background Check
• Must be physically and mentally healthy
• Student Type: High School, Grades 9 - 12
• Curriculum: U.S. Common Core
• Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
• Teaching Hours: 30 classes per week
• Class Time: 50 minutes per class
• Class Size: 10-12 students per class
• Lunch Hour: 12:00 P.M.-12:50 P.M.
• Teacher Training: Provided
• Teaching Staff: 10 Native English Teachers
From 2.5 million KRW per month (negotiable upon experience)
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance: paid upon the completion of employment
• Vacation: 1st year- minimum of 4 weeks, 2nd year - minimum of 6 weeks
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
If the teacher will move to Busan, then the school will provide housing. If the teacher is already living in Busan, then the school will give a 500,000 KRW housing allowance.
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate?
Seoul Scholars International Busan Campus, 1486-49 Banyeo-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Seoul Scholars International Busan Campus
About SSI Busan Campus Seoul Scholars International, the center of education in Korea, is a place that educates 300 students on regular American secondary school courses on three campuses in Daechi-dong, Seocho-dong, and Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. We have an imp...See more