Elementary School Substitute Vice Principal/Head Teacher, International School, DongtanLast Modified :
1. Roles and Responsibilities
Saint Paul American Scholars (SPAS) Dongtan Campus is seeking a highly organized and professional candidate to serve as a Head Teacher for the elementary school division.
As a Head Teacher you will be in charge of a variety of leadership and administrative roles at the campus.
Our school VP will take a maternity leave during the 2022-23 academic year, so you will substitute the VP while working as a Head Teacher for a year (no or minimum teaching hours during the period). After the year, you will be a homeroom teacher maintaining the Head Teacher position.
SPAS Dongtan opened last year, so 2022-23 is our second academic year. We currently have only grade 1 and grade 2, but we will have grade 1~grade 3 in the new academic year.
Responsibilities as a VP substitute:
- Create and ensure the implementation of the teachers’ schedules, year schedule, and timetable
- Check teachers’ lesson plans to ensure that they are linked to the Common Core standards and are fulfilling the SPAS curriculum
- Sporadically check in on the classes to make sure that the teachers are implementing the lessons in a way that uses best practice
- Meet and counsel teachers on strategies to improve lessons to improve student learning and outcomes
- Perform formal teacher evaluations
- Work with teachers to establish age-appropriate classroom management techniques, and ensure that there is effective implementation of the techniques
- Organize and leading monthly assemblies and weekly teacher meetings
- Approve all comments and grades submitted by teachers on report cards
- Approve all final exams submitted by teachers
- Collaborate with the administration on Parent Orientation
- Fill in as substitute for teachers on an as needed basis
- Ensure that teachers utilize all resources and tests as effectively as possible
- Proctor and interview potential new students and advising the administration as to the student’s level of proficiency in the English language
- Formally reprimand teachers for unprofessional conduct or breach of contract
- Work on an action plan with teachers to improve overall performance and conduct as necessary
- Advise the administration of teachers who are not fulfilling their contractually obligated duties
- Conduct PTC (Parent-Teacher-Conference) as needed
- Write monthly newsletters for parents during the academic semesters
2. Candidate Qualifications
- Candidates must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree in elementary education and/or and an elementary teaching certificate
- Candidates must have a native level fluency in English.
- Candidates who have leadership position experience at an international school are preferred.
3. Working Conditions
Start Dates: August18, 2022
Working Hours: 7:40 A.M. - 4:40 P.M., Monday through Friday
Teaching Hours: Depends on classes that need to be covered
Students per Class: 15 students max
Grade Level: Grade 1-3
Negotiable Upon Experience
Insurance and Financial: Insurance and pension matched by employer
Contract Completion Bonus: Provided upon completion of contract
Vacation: 17 days (Winter, and Spring vacation) plus Korean National Holidays
Sick Days: 3 days of paid sick leave available
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Studio housing or 400,000 KRW housing allowance provided
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accomodate?
12, Dongtansunhwan-daero 12-gil, Hwaseong-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Saint Paul American Scholars Dongtan
Welcome to St. Paul Dongtan! St. Paul Dongtan Campus, which newly opened in August 2021, shares the equivalent courses, excellent staff, and management system of St. Paul Gwanggyo. St. Paul Dongtan currently opened G1 and G2 courses to provide a specialized curriculum a...See more