FT English Teacher in Seoul (Mapo)
Cogito English is an established private academy for elementary students that focuses on the specific needs of each individual learner. It is owned and operated by an American with 12+ years of teaching experience in Korea. Here at Cogito English, we pride ourselves on a positive work environment that respects both teachers and students. With never more than 4 students per class, teachers develop better relationships with their class members and foster a more productive (and flexible!) learning environment. We're currently looking for an experienced English teacher to be a part of our growth.
1. Location: Seoul, Mapo-gu, Sangam-dong
2. Teaching level: Elementary (4 students per class, maximum)
3. Starting date: ASAP
4. Salary: 3 Million KRW (base salary) + quarterly performance bonus (when applicable)
5. Working Hours: 1:30PM-8:30PM (~7 hours)
6. Contract Period: 1 Year
7. Benefits: Severance Pay, Health Insurance, Pension (paid 50/50), and 15 Paid Vacation Days (in accordance with Korean Labor Laws)
F4, F5, F6 Visa Holders ONLY
At least 5 years of teaching experience. Experience with both juniors and adults is preferred.
Must have or be able to get an apostilled bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university and a nationwide (FBI/RCMP/ et cetera) criminal background check. Paperwork must be submitted to register teachers at at the local education board office.
Must have US, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, or New Zealand citizenship.
[HOW TO APPLY]
If qualified and interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and/or attachments:
1: Recent Resume (.doc or .pdf) including date of birth and nationality
2. Recent Photo (.jpg)
3. Visa status in Korea
4. Phone number with the best time(s) to contact
5. Possible start date
6. Salary expectations
7. Please answer the following question in the main body of your email: What is your favorite book? (in order to verify you've completely read this job description in full--Thanks!)