1. Roles and Responsibilities
As a teacher at Avalon, you will follow a set curriculum and lesson plans, but also have the freedom to incorporate your own learning materials to increase student engagement in the classroom.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons
• Prepare teaching materials ahead of time
• Grade regular homework assignments
• Track and report students’ performance and give feedback
2. Candidate Qualifications:
• Be qualified to teach in the areas specified in the job description.
• Be citizens of the U.S.A., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa and eligible for an E-2 Visa.
• Must have all required documents (apostilled nationwide criminal background check and an apostilled diploma from a 4-year accredited university.
• A clean self-medical health check
3. Working Conditions
Working hours are described as the time you need to be present at the school. Teaching hours are the active amount of time you will be conducting classes or activities.
• Working Hours: 2:00-10:00 M-F
• Teaching Hours: 30 per week
From 2.3Million KRW (Negotiable Upon Experience)
1. Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
2. Severance: upon completion of a one-year contract, severance pay which is equal to one month’s salary is paid to the teacher.
3. Vacation: 10 days plus National Korean Holidays
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate?
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
About Us At Avalon, students develop their English language skills by studying with both Korean English teachers and native English speakers. Students spend half of their time with a Korean teacher and the other half with a native speaker of English. Each teacher focuse...See more