Elementary Homeroom for MICA International Yongin 8 week vacation F Visa or KoreanLast Modified :
• Korean citizens with native-level English proficiency.
• Teaching License Preferred
1. Roles and Responsibilities
MICA is seeking a highly qualified, organized, and professional candidate to serve as an elementary school homeroom teacher responsible for instructing students from grades K-5. Creates lesson plans, administers praise and constructive criticism, teaches students on subjects such as Reader’s and Writer’s Workshop, ELA, science, social studies, and math, and creates a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in utilizing and applying the US Common Core State Standards.
● Evaluates, monitors, and tracks students' performance
● Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities
● Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in.
● Meet school-wide student performance goals.
● Participate in ongoing PD training sessions.
● Create lesson plans and modify them accordingly throughout the year.
● Maintain grade books.
● Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
● Create projects designed to enhance lessons.
● Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
● Utilize various curriculum resources.
● Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
● Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
● Develop class incentives to keep participants in the class.
● Develop professional relationships with other coworkers.
● Utilize school library resources.
● Work with the Academic Director to ensure initiatives are being met.
● Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
● Prepare and distribute required reports.
● Observe and evaluate students' performance.
● Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
● Interacts with parents and guardians in a professional and positive manner
2. Candidate Qualifications
• Be eligible for an E-2 visa or have an F-visa.
• Have an apostilled CBC and diploma ready.
• Have a clean self-medical health check.
3. Working Conditions
Working hours are described as the time you need to be present at the school. Teaching hours are the active amount of time you will be conducting classes or activities.
• Working Hours: Mon – Fri 7:40 am-4:40 pm
• Teaching Hours: 25 hours per week
2.4-2.8 Million KRW (Negotiable upon Experience)
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance: upon completion of a one-year contract, severance pay which is equal to one month’s salary is paid to the teacher.
•Vacation: 8 Weeks per year + National holidays and other small holidays like Easter.
•Commuter bus provided to and from Migeum subway station.
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate?
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
MICA International Scholars
MICA exists to provide students with a quality Western-based Christian-centered education. The heart of our mission is to prepare global leaders for the 21st century who will joyfully live out their lives with humble mind to serve those around them and to provide studen...See more