Secondary Science Big Heart Christian SchoolLast Modified :
EnglishAPScienceBiologyChemistryPhysicsPhysical ScienceLife Science
1. Roles and Responsibilities
As an AP science teacher at Big Heart Christian School, you will be responsible for teaching the subject of your choice to students on the advanced AP track. You can choose your specialty based on your teaching experience and educational background. BHCS is flexible and will accommodate your specialty and will help you set up your own curriculum. You will be teaching following the US Common Core State Standards.
You will be responsible for:
Teach your choice of AP Biology, Chemistry, AP Physics, Life Science, and/or Physical Science
Teach an AP science class to students in English
Plan, prepare and deliver lessons based on a set curriculum
Prepare teaching materials ahead of time
Grade regular homework assignments
Track and report students’ performance dates and give feedback
2. Candidate Qualifications
All Candidates must;
• Be citizens of the U.S.A., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa and eligible for an E-2 Visa, holds an F-visa or Korean Citizen with native level English proficiency.
• Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
• Have or be in the process of obtaining a background check with an apostille and a federal-level background check with a federal-level apostille.
• Must be physically and mentally fit.
3. Working Conditions
Working hours are described as the time you need to be present at the school. Teaching hours are the active amount of time you will be conducting classes or activities.
• Working Hours: Mon - Fri 8:10-4:20
• Teaching Hours: 5 Classes per day with 2 Hours Prep Time
• Contract Length: 10-12 Months
Starting 2.5 and Negotiable Based on Experiences
• Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
• Severance: upon completion of a one-year contract, severance pay which is equal to one month’s salary is paid to the teacher.
•Vacation: 2 Weeks Winter, Thanksgiving, and All Korean Holidays
•Airfare: Roundtrip (50% paid at the start and 50% at the end of contract)
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
How to applyor
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Big Heart Christian School
“Fostering future talents on the basis of the Bible.” Since 2005, there has been a tremendous development at Big Heart Christian School, not only in the numerical size of the school but also in its high-quality English curriculum. I have seen the students&rs...See more