Kindergarten and Elementary Teacher Wanted at SLP GwangmyeongLast Modified :
Roles and Responsibilities
SLP is looking for qualified teachers to serve as a kindergarten and elementary school English teacher. As a kindergarten to elementary teacher at SLP, you will be teaching students from age 5 to grade 5. You will use the North American textbooks, Wonders, to help young students learn speaking, reading, writing, and listening. You will teach 5-7-year-olds English through phonics, basic writing, stories, science, and arts & crafts and help elementary students gain confidence in English listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons
• Prepare teaching materials ahead of time
• Grade regular homework assignments
• Prepare and create tests and examinations
• Track and report students’ performance date and give feedback
• Attend and contribute to regular staff meetings
• Follow SLP's in-house curriculum to help students learn effectively
• Use the North American textbooks, Wonders, to help young students learn speaking, reading, writing, and listening
• Be eligible for an E-2 visa or have an F-visa.
• Have an apostilled CBC and diploma ready.
• Have a clean self-medical health check.
Working hours are described as the time you need to be present at the school. Teaching hours are the active amount of time you will be conducting classes or activities.
• Working Hours: 9:00-6:60 MWF and 9:00-5:30 TuTh
• Teaching Hours: 30 Hours per week
2.35 and Negotiable Depending on Experience
1. Insured with the 4 National Insurances.
2. Severance: upon completion of a one-year contract, severance pay which is equal to one month’s salary is paid to the teacher.
3. Vacation: 13 days plus National Korean Holidays
4. Airfare: Depending on location and experience
Housing Provided, Housing Allowance Provided
Preliminary questions for the school to gain more information about the applicant.
- Where were you born and raised?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, are they able to be covered or removed at work?
- Do you have any health issues your future employer needs to accommodate?
How to apply
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send a message directly to the school or recruiter.
Created in 1960, SLP has been perpetuating the education philosophies of Sogang University to provide education inspired by the Catholic faith and in line with Korean educational traditions. Seogang SLP was established based on Seogang University's philosophy of Eng...See more